One thing that has always been a mystery to me is people who follow the blogging of strangers. I can understand following a blog on a particular subject (such as a blog of a chef or fitness trainer) in an effort to get ideas - but following the inner thoughts of some average everyday schmuck?
Maybe it's voyeuristic...similar to reading your your best friends diary or watching your neighbor walk around half naked around his/her house through your kitchen window. Yet I don't think that's it. Half the fun of reading a diary or watching people walk around naked is knowing secrets about them or experiencing them on a different level. With blogging you don't actually know the person so there is nothing to reveal.
Okay - so I have been told that reading a blog can be insightful. People can find that they are not alone in the cosmos, find a nugget of wisdom, or just be amused. For the most part, I get that. On occasion even I find some amusement in the ramblings of a stray blog and some interesting thought that makes me stew in thought. Even though this occasionally happens I don't go out of my way to read the rest of that particular blog or even look for other similar blogs...unless they are a tutorial of sorts.
That may seem very close minded and indeed I very well could be - but the real million dollar question is who has the time to read all this crap? Seriously.
I know personally writing a blog maybe more therapeutic than anything else. Like upchucking after eating a bad Arby's burger (believe me it tastes the same going in as it does coming out!) - feels better once all the bad stuff it out - hence the name blogitorium.