Well yesterday Barack Obama was sworn in as our new President. A part of me was excited for someone new to take over and another part was nervous...after all it can get worse.
I will fess up and admit that I didn't vote. That's right, you heard me...I didn't vote! Please spare me any nonsense about how I should be proud to vote and how people struggled to give me that right - or even better, how I have no right to complain.
The simple truth is sometimes you shouldn't vote. If you don't know much about the candidates or their platforms then it is your responsibility to stay out of it and let people who know decide. Quite frankly I didn't like either McCain or Obama and I couldn't decide who would be better. So instead of making a spur of the moment decision I decided I would support whoever got elected and hope for the best. Which leaves me here...nervous and excited.
I sincerly hope that Obama will deliver on his healthcare promise (obiovious sign of getting older is wishing for good healthcare. Epsom salt baths here I come!) and will be able to straighten this economy out.